星期四, 8月 31, 2006

白吃的午餐

電子郵箱中發現了這封信。不同的版本,內容大概差不多。不知道有多少人會回應呢?

---

Dear Seasons.

URGENT - HELP ME DISTRIBUTE MY $12 MILLION TO
HUMANITARIAN.

This mail might come to you as a surprise and
the temptation to ignore it as unserious could
come into your mind but please consider it a
divine wish and accept it with a deep sense of
humility.

I am Mrs Helen George and I am a 61 years old
woman. I am a South african married to a Sierra
Leonian. I was the President/CEO of CON OIL
INTERNATIONAL -an oil servicing company in
johannesburg.I was also married with no child.
My husband died 3years ago.

Before this happened my business and concern for
making money was all I was living for and I
never really cared about other people. But since
the loss of my Husband and also because i had
have no child to call my own, I have found a new
desire to assist the helpless, I have been
helping orphans in orphanages/motherless
homes/humanitarians. I have donated some money
to orphans in Sudan, Ethiopia, Cameroon,Spain,
Austria, Germany and some Asian countries.

IN SUMMARY:- I have 12,000,000.00 (twelve
million) U. S. Dollars which I deposited in a
security company in Cotonou Benin republic as a
family treasure & artifiarts, please I want you
to note that the security company does not know
the real content to be money and I want you to
assist me in claiming the consignment &
distributing the money to charity organizations,

I agree to reward you with part of the money for
your assistance, kindness and participation in
this Godly project. Before I became ill, I kept
$12 Million in a long-term deposit in a security
company which I declared as a family treasure &
artifiarts.

I am in the hospital where I have been
undergoing treatment for oesophageal cancer and
my doctors have told me that I have only a few
months to live. It is my last wish to see this
money distributed to charity organizations.

Because my relatives and friends has plundered
so much of my wealth since my illness, I cannot
live with the agony of entrusting this huge
responsibility to any of them. Please, I beg you
in the name of God to help me collect the $12
Million which I deposit with the name of my late
husband as the next of kin because now due to my
health the security company is demanding for a
next of kin in other to get the money transfered
in other to see that my last wish is
accomplished which is sharing the money among
charity organizations.

You are at liberty to use your discretion to
distribute the money and feel free as well to
reimburse yourself when you have the money for
any expenses in distributing the money to
charity organizations. I am willing to reward
you for your assistance and kindness.

Kindly expedite action and contact me via email
at ....@hotmail.fr 
for more details.

May the good Lord bless you and your family.

Best Regards.
Mrs Helen George
PLZ REPLLY TO MY PRIVATE EMAILBOX BACK;
---

國內的手提電話流行著中獎遊戲,據聞常會收到一些短訊告訴你中了大獎,獎金多少多少,叫你去哪個地方去取。

世上究竟有沒有這種不勞而獲的事情呢?有可能我們未有正式收到錢,已要先付出一大筆手續費,結果「貪」變成「貧」。

老掉牙的情節,似乎永遠都會有效。丈夫過世了,沒有子女,又發現自己患了癌症,僅剩下幾個月的命...這完全符合那些又具同情心,又想要做善事,又有不俗回報的人的心理。

而且,如果真的要捐給慈善機,信中完全沒有提及任何機構名稱。電郵內容本身存在著許多問題。然而,這封信吸引我的是稱呼,我的電郵地址是姓加名沒有空位地連在一起的,他能夠很親切地把我的名字抽出來,這樣叫令人覺得非常親切,可見發信人著實做了不少功夫。

關於這封電郵,我的朋友說「睬佢都傻」。若果真有這麼一筆錢,肯定有律師或者信託人辦理。事實上,若果連身邊的人都無法信得過的話,又怎麼能相信一個僅知道一半名字,不知身處何方的人呢?


3 則留言:

sloth 說...

嗯... 我也不時收到這樣的電郵喔,每次都費事細看,刪除就是了。

Sum 說...

哈哈, 我通常見到淨係字就Delete o架啦, 仲要係英文o添, 無乜心機睇~~~

SeaSONs 說...

如果不是那一個名字的稱呼,我也不會打開看。若亂開垃圾電郵,我也怕惹病毒。後來看這封電郵,找出一些問題,其實也挺有趣呢。